Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Third Week Project Challenge

This is the third week since I decided to challenge myself to finish one project per week.
I stepped it up and finished six projects. Four were projects from start to finish. The other two were started and I just needed to finish them.

The vintage etigere is a heavy wrought iron shelf which was in rustic condition.


The picnic baskets are vintage, but kind of plain. I decided to "whitewash" them. I used white craft paint and a white matte spray paint. Below are before and after pictures.







I don't have a before picture of the decorative vintage table. I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint "Graphite".
I distressed it, put a coat of General Finishes Java Gel and lastly, added two coats of Minwax Satin Polyurethane.
I don't have a before picture of the rocking horse chair. It was a barn red color prior to painting it. I used a diy yellow chalk paint and used craft paint for the details. I also distressed it. This past week I did some touch up painting on the eyes, mouth and gingham seat. I then sprayed matte polyurethane over it.
I painted the hearth side handmade basket with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint "Louis Blue".
I also added a coat of matte polyurethane.

No comments: