Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

World's Longest Garage Sale and Before and After

I made my first trek to the World's Longest Garage Sale (check it out here) and I would definitely go again. I started in Addison, Michigan and only made it to Hudson, Michigan. By the time I got through those two towns, I was wiped out! It was a fun day and I found lots of stuff for my Etsy Shop.
I picked up these adorable little folding chairs that were from a church Sunday School program for children. The ladies said they were at least 50 years old.
I have plans for this black step stool. Hopefully I'll be able to post the pictures soon! I also picked up these bright enamel plates and numerous other items.
There's an adorable red child's chair, a vintage Audio Visual Cart and some enamel bowls.



In the picture below is a vintage typewriter, an old Kodak camera, a very cool needlework of a Native American Indian,  some brass buckles, an electrical cable spool, a man's lunch box and more...


Charlie's checking out my loot.
I couldn't pass up this cat birdhouse. The cat is holding a knife and fork. Haha!

I got this box of old apothecary bottles and glass inkwells that were from old school desks.
Here's a close up of some of the details on this vintage needlework.
And a close up of the apothecary bottles and inkwells


I love the graphics on these old Air Trails magazines.
Some more close ups


Here's a full length fur coat,I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it??

A picture of the spool
This is my project for last week.
it was a nightmare. It now has eight layers of chalk paint, a layer of wax, four layers of polyurethane,  a layer with stenciling and a layer of gel stain, not necessarily in that order!
The piece was spray painted white when I bought it. I don't think they finished it. I thought it would be a piece of cake to fix!



I took this picture to show how different the paint looked when it was wet. Usually paint dries darker, this was the opposite.



At one point the paint looked so blotchy, I decided to stencil it. It looked too busy and didn't cover up the blotchy paint job.:(
After all that, it got to the point where I liked it.
The paint I used was Americana Chalk Paint in the color Freedom Road.
I applied one coat of polyurethane, distressed it and applied another coat of polyurethane.


No comments: