Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Ann Arbor Quilt Guild Show

This past weekend I attended the Ann Arbor Quilt Guild Show with my daughter, Rebekah. They had Modern Quilts by the Modern Quilt Guild.
My daughter had two quilts in the show.
The first one is called "Single Girl"



The next one she made she used Charlie Harper fabric. I love the colors and all the birds. There is a close up below.




I like this quilt using plaid fabric.
It would make a nice quilt for a guy or in a rustic cabin.



I like the "feathery" quilting on this piece.

This quilt was voted "Best in Show"
Below are some close ups of the quilting.



Nice colors and design

This quilt has a citrus color scheme, so bright and pretty!


The next set of beautiful quilts were made by some of the ladies in the Modern Quilt Guild that my daughter belongs to.

The next two pictures are quilts that have "pebble" quilting. I really like the texture of the pebble quilting.



This next set of pictures are of a "Camping" themed quilt. It is quilted with random camping items. Included are campfires, lanterns, campers, tents, sleeping bags picnic tables are the ones I remember.




I like the pattern and colors in the next two quilts.











This quilt is made of many very small pieces.
Below is a close up. I can't imagine all the time put into this quilt!






This was one of my favorite quilts. I love the pattern and the colors!






This last set of quilts depict scenes and objects. They're unique and also look difficult.






These pictures represent a very small portion of the quilts in the show. If you're in the area, I recommend attending it in the future

No comments: