Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Vintage Child's Chair in Duck Egg Blue

I picked this child's chair up at a garage sale in my subdivision.

 
It was not in good shape with loose joints and stains on the seat and upper part.
It needed some sanding to get rid of some bumps and high spots.

 
It also needed some of the joints to be cleaned up and glued.
 
Once the prep work was done I choose Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Duck Egg Blue.
This color is my favorite in the ASCP collection.

 
After two coats of Duck Egg Blue I used the AS Clear wax.
Once that set up I distressed the chair to age it a bit.

 
I then added a coat of Clear Wax and Dark Wax mixed (three parts Clear to one part Dark).
I've made too many mistakes going with the Dark Wax all by itself on a light colored piece.






 
I think it would make a unique bedside table. Place a lamp on top of a few books for a vintage look.


 
 


No comments: