Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Garage Sale Finds

My mom and I have been planning a garage sale for a couple of months. We finally picked a date. When the day got close we found out the temps were going to be in the high eighties and humid. I can't handle those temps for an extended period of time. We changed it to the following week, put it on Craigslist and found out the day before we were to have the sale that the road in front of my Mom's house was closed to through traffic.
So, we changed our plans and went out to some garage sales instead!
It was a beautiful day, 75 degrees and sunny.
We found lots of interesting things. 

 

 
We picked up a bunch of vintage items,
a desk/table, magazine rack, tool chest, wicker blouse form, print blocks, baby blocks, baby print and baby book.
Some vintage clothes, hats, rick rack, trim, record books, silver, contact paper and more!
 
This is the before picture of the desk/table.
I don't know what the previous owner was trying to accomplish, but this is one of the ugliest paint jobs I have ever seen.
 

 
I liked the shape of the piece and it was very sturdy.

 
I sanded it shortly after I got home. It looks better already.
I plan on painting it with ASCP in French Linen.
 
 
 
One of the other things I picked up was this magazine rack with a carved sailboat on the front of the piece.
It's a beautiful piece with some wear and scratches.
 
 
I don't know if I'm going to leave it as is or paint it. If I do paint it, I'll leave the carved area with the sailboat as it is.

 
 

No comments: