Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fairy Gardens and Flower Gardens

I visited one of my favorite places recently, Heavenly Scent Herb Farm in Fenton, Michigan.
Visit their web sight
I was in search of a plant to use for Bonsai.
I didn't find what I was looking for, but I enjoyed the visit and took some pictures.
 
The arch is covered in Hyacinth Bean Vine

 


 


 
Garden Orbs


 
 
Rose Hips

 
 
They have some cute Fairy Gardens
 



 

 



 
 

 
When I returned home I took some pictures around my yard.
 
I found this little frog in a pot of Baby Tears
 

 
The next two pictures are of the Chinese Hepticodium, Seven Son Flower.
You can read more about it here.
I've admired these trees since my days working at Bordine's, a garden center with multiple locations in Michigan.
 
 
It blooms in late August to early September.
The blooms are large clusters of white flowers which are fragrant.
When the flowers drop, the calyx turns pink, giving it an additional beautiful look.
It attracts bees and butterflies.
During the Winter the exfoliating bark can be seen.  

 
Mandevilla Vine
 
 
Chrysanthemums

 
Limelight Hydrangea


 
Charlie chomping down on a small Catnip plant




No comments: