Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

GREAT CRESTED FLYCATCHER

I recently had a chance to spend a few days at my sister and brother in law's lake house.
I went there with my Mom and another sister.
While there I watched and took pictures of a Flycatcher family that took up residence in a birdhouse they have on their property.
 


 
We never really could tell how many baby birds were in the birdhouse, but the mom and dad were consistently bringing food to them.






They brought dragonflies, flies, grasshoppers, bees and berries, as seen in the pictures.
The berries came from an Amelanchier canadensis that was loaded with red berries.
You can read about this tree which attracts wildlife here
  The berries were wiped out in two days.
The flycatchers weren't the only birds who liked the berries!





 
You can read more about these beautiful birds
here and here
 




 
I am thankful for the generosity of Deb and Dave in allowing us to stay in there beautiful home and the opportunity to see part of God's creation.

No comments: