Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Before and After

Decoupaged Vintage Stool
 
I purchased this stool from a garage sale last summer.  It was scuffed up a bit, but it was very sturdy.  As with just about everything I pick up with the intention of painting, it takes me a while to figure out how I want to paint it.
 

 
I sanded it and gave it a coat of Kilz
 


 
I decided to do it in a light aqua color and decoupage a map on top of the bench.
 


 
I picked up the map at a shop in Bay City, Michigan called Violets Blue.  It's definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.
 
 
Once I got the map settled with a couple coats of Mod Podge I decided it would look better with a darker color.  I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in
Duck Egg Blue.
I waxed it with the clear wax, distressed it and finished it by waxing it with a combination of the clear and dark wax.
 
 
 

I hope to get it on Etsy soon!


No comments: