Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Before and After

Vintage Child's Highchair and Coat Rack
 
I've had this chair for a couple of years and finally got around to painting it.
I picked it up at a garage sale because I thought it was really cute "as is" but knew it could look even better!
 

 
I sanded it, cleaned it with tack cloth
 
 
and gave it a coat of Kilz
 

 
I painted it a pale aqua color
 

It took a couple of coats of the aqua color, then I went on to distressing, aging and polyurethane.
I didn't get any pictures of the aging process, but here is the finished product.
 



 
This vintage chair would be perfect for a small child or as a display chair for a plant, stuffed animal or a doll.
 
I picked this board up from a garage sale awhile back.  The gentleman running the sale allowed me to look through an old shed where I found it.  It was dirty and had very little paint left on it.  It did have the coat hooks intact.  I figured if I couldn't use the board I could still use the hooks.
 
 
I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Duck Egg Blue.  After painting it I used the Clear Wax on it, distressed it and coated it with a mix of Clear and Dark Wax.  I attached the original hooks to finish the project.
 
 


No comments: