Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

HANDMADE CAKE STANDS

One of the things my sister and I made for my daughter's wedding were cake stands.  We made 17 of them to use on the dessert table.
We started out with candle holders.  There were many different designs.
One of the stands was made with this lazy Susan




I picked it up at the Salvation Army, sanded and primed it.


The base was also from the Salvation Army


I painted it an aqua color.  To give it an aged look
I added black, which I rubbed into the crevices.


This candlestick was also painted aqua and then sanded
to age it.


These are some before pictures.  I liked these the way
they were, but we were doing the cake stands in black
and aqua.
We added different sizes of wood squares and rounds which
were glued to the candlesticks.


We added punched scrapbook paper scallops
to the edges of some of the stands.





The desserts were placed on plates which were placed
on the tops of the stands.

Pictures of the dessert table will be
coming soon!


No comments: