Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

JUNE GARDEN PICTURES

June Flower Garden

jackmanni clematos
Knockout Rose
June has been a very busy month for my family with my daughter's wedding on the tenth.  We had one week to recover and my husband and I went on a five day car tour around Michigan.
My daughter, Rachel, kept the flowers alive by making sure to water them for me.

The clematis are planted on both sides of the garage.


This planter, a garage sale find, is filled with creamy yellow petunias,
blue ageratum, white alyssum and purple ageratum.



Lavender


The window planter is filled with pale yellow petunias, dusty miller, white
alyssum, blue lobelia, purple osteospurmum and pink nicotiana.


These daisies are planted on the south side of our house.
The variety is Becky, which I planted because of their
sturdy stems.  They're great for cutting for bouquets and
arrangements.




The lavender is also on the south side of  the house.  I don't remember the
variety, but it is very sturdy.
Unlike the variety below, which tends to flop.
It is a more vivid color which kind of makes up for its floppiness.



The birdbath surrounded by flowers


Another view of the birdbath with alyssum, boxwoods and lavender in the background.


I love the look and the sweet honey fragrance of alyssum so I
planted a variety of colors this year.




I had two elephant ears bulbs that I kept from last years garden.  Only one
survived and it's looking pretty good right now!

No comments: