Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Farmers Market and Flea Market

My husband and I took a trip to Clarkston/Waterford area
to get his car out of Winter storage.
It was a good opportunity for me to visit the Oakland Farmers Market.
When we lived in Rochester, Michigan I made many trips to The Oakland Farmers Market.  We now live too far away, so it has been years since I've been there.  It's still not peak season, but I found a few plants to buy.
First off is this lovely White Begonia.  I have plans for this beauty.


They prefer a bit of shade so I'll be mixing in ivy and some kind of fern.  I'm not sure what else.

I also picked up five sempervivum(aka Hens and Chicks).  I plan to make a small stone trough, or buy one, to hold these cute plants.



I also spent some time at the Dixieland Flea Market.  Flea markets are so interesting.  I found some items that will eventually be in my Etsy shop or my mom's Etsy shop.

I thought this antique hand truck would look nice in someones garden.  Place a flower pot planted with a climbing vine and you have a one of a kind garden art!


I purchased a great old rustic tool box.  It would be great for display.  Both sides drop open when you unlatch the top.  It does need a little cleaning!



Next is an adorable little tin doll's highchair.  It's in great condition.
It would look cute with a small doll, a stuffed animal or even a small plant placed in the seat.


I picked up this cute little ceramic lamb planter.
What a great piece for a nursery.  It would make a nice gift for a baby shower.


This little glass Christmas Ornament will eventually go in the miniature garden I want to put together this season.  Minus the bow, I think it will make a nice greenhouse.


The last two items are tools for me.  A large rolling pin and a rubber mallet for putting lids on paint cans.




All told, it was a good day, great weather, one on one time with my husband and a little shopping. 

    

No comments: