Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Before and After Antique Standing Frame

This antique frame was not in good condition when I picked it up at an Estate Sale. I really liked the carved parts of the frame.
After one botched paint job I came up with the final product.


Here is the way it looked when I purchased it.





My first attempt was using the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Antoinette.
I followed up with the gold paste wax rubbed on the raised areas of the frame.




I've come to the conclusion that there are not very many things I've painted with Antoinette that I like. It's probably my least favorite ASCP paint color.
The gold-ish highlights didn't help.


That's when I decided to try again.
This time I used the Graphite paint. I used the ASCP Clear Wax before I added the silver highlights.


Once I finished painting and highlighting with the silver paste it needed something.
I decided to put sheet, music stamped with a fleur de lis, in the frame.






I like the way it turned out.


I finished off the back with the original backing and taped it again.
It can be easily taken apart to add a different picture.



You can see the details of the raised areas of the frame and stand in these pictures.






No comments: