Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hand Painted Childs Rocking Chair

I picked up this vintage Child's Rocking Chair from a garage sale a couple of years ago.
When I purchased it, the chair had been painted black and was a pretty scuffed.
I listed it on my Etsy Shop, VintageDiana72, but it never sold.


 
I decided to paint it.  I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Duck Egg Blue.
I did the routine, paint, wax, distress, and wax again.
It looked a little plain, so I added some hand painted details and a little Whitewashing, to give it more of an aged look.
 
I painted a little nest with three eggs on the top part of the chair and a Momma Bird on the seat.

 
On the back of the chair I added the Momma and Three Little Chicks 
 
I also painted the underside of the chair.

 
I'm hoping it'll make a nice gift for some little child!


No comments: