Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Jungle Animal Themed Treats

Animal Print Cookies and Cupcakes
 
 
I had a lot of fun creating these animal themed cookies and cupcakes for my neighbor.  She was having a shower for her daughter with a jungle type theme.
The cookies are made from the same recipe I used for the wedding cake cookies for my daughters shower (here).
 
 
As you can see from the pictures, there are different animal shaped cookies in addition to Onesie and Baby Carriage shaped cookies.  I iced the cookies with an icing that hardens enough for me to paint or airbrush them.  Some of the cookies were both painted and airbrushed.
 


 
When I paint the cookies, I use food coloring diluted with a little water.  For the airbrushed cookies I use food coloring made for an airbrush machine.
I have a set of regular craft paint brushes that are set aside for use with food coloring.
 



 
The cupcakes were gluten free cupcakes iced with a white butter cream.
I used my spatula to smooth the icing into a nice rounded shape.  Dipping the spatula into very hot water helps to make the icing smooth.  Once the icing was allowed to set up a bit, I used parchment paper to smooth them out even more.
The icing crusted just enough for me to airbrush and then paint on the details.
 

 
I also made a variety of additional cupcakes that included...
 Samoa Cupcakes.
These were made with a butter cake, crumbled shortbread, Carmel, toasted coconut and drizzled chocolate.
Almond Joy Cupcakes
Made with a chocolate cake batter, a coconut cream filling that mounded above the cupcake.  I added toasted almonds on top, put them in the freezer for an hour and then dipped them in ganache.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
made with a Peanut Butter Butter cream Icing and a Reese's Cup on top
and
German Chocolate Cupcakes
 
 
 
 


No comments: