Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Before and After

Painting and Aging
Vintage Wooden Bowls
With Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

 
 
 
I picked up six vintage wooden bowls, two large bowls from an Estate Sale and four medium and small bowls from a thrift store.
 
 
I decided to paint and age them a bit with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  I used three different colors, Louis Blue, Duck Egg Blue and Old White.
I first cleaned and sanded the bowls.
I painted each bowl with two coats of paint.
 
 
After painting the six bowls, I sanded the edges and bottoms.  Some of the edges weren't dark enough for my liking so I stained them with the Annie Sloan Dark Wax.
 



 
Once they were aged to my liking I decided to finish them off with a food grade finish.  This way they can be used to display fruit, vegetables or cookies or candy.
 


 
I might put them in my Etsy Shop.  I haven't decided yet.  I like the idea of displaying vintage items or seashells inside the bowls.
 
 
 


No comments: