Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Before and After

Plant Stand Painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
 
I find the simple design of this antique plant stand very appealing, but I didn't
care for the brown stain coloring.
 
 
I first sanded it and then painted it with Kilz.
 
 
 
I had to add several coats of Kilz to cover.
The stain kept bleeding through.  What often works
in a situation like this is to paint a coat and wait a day
or two to paint another coat.  If you don't want to do that
you can use a product like Zinnzer's Shellac to seal the piece.
I followed up with two coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White.
 

 
After the paint dried I added a coat of AS Clear Wax.
Once that had time to dry I did some distressing with sand paper.
 

 
I then waxed it with a half and half mix of the Clear and Dark Wax.
 

 
 
 
Look for this piece in my etsy shop soon!
 
 


No comments: