Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bluebells, Decoupage Chalkboard and More Painting

Beautiful Bluebells




The Tulips are about 10" High
and budding!


I did some more prep work for future projects.
I'm lovin' this weather!


Vintage Plantstand
I'm still not sure how I will finish this, but I know it needs sanding, gluing and
Kilz.



I finished this Decoupaged Frame and Chalkboard


I've had this old frame for a while and
wasn't sure what to do with it.





I used the roll of flowered paper made specifically for decoupage.
It has hydrangeas and morning glories on it.
It dried a bit crinkly but acceptable.


Tom cut an oval out of masonite to fit the frame and I painted it with three coats of
chalkboard paint.


The framed chalkboard was finished up by first prepping the chalkboard.  This is done by using the side of a piece of chalk and covering the whole surface with it.
Wipe it off and the board is ready to write on.




The board was then secured in the frame with points. I used a lot of them because writing on the board and erasing is going to put more pressure than usual.  The back was covered with brown paper glued around the edge. 
I put toothed hooks in two spots so I can hang the framed chalkboard either way.



No comments: