Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Before and After

Painted Gnome

I picked up this cute ceramic garden gnome at a garage sale this past summer.
 
 
He was very chippy and very cheap.
At first I was going to leave it the way I found it,
but on further thought I decided to paint it.
I tried to keep it the same colors.
I used Patio Paints, which are meant for the outdoors.
I first cleaned it to get off any loose paint.
Every color I used required mixing to get as close of a match as I could.
After I finished painting him, I used some of the black Patio Paint mixed with water to give a wash all over him.  I wiped some of it off so most of the black settled in the crevices.
 
 
The front and back view
 
 
And the bottom view
 
 
I think he'll look nice nestled in a garden spot or a special shelf indoor.
 
 


No comments: